Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Swimming and Praying


I have started swimming laps again. I forgot how much I loved it. I only really became interested in swimming after HeeJun and I were married. I needed my lifeguard certification to get a job.


The book I am reading now, Sacred Echoes, focuses on praying for others. I started swimming each lap in cadence to my prayers. I pray for one person all the way down the pool.


Bo-(stroke) Mi (stroke)

Brit (stroke) tany (stroke)

Ni (stroke) cole (stroke)

Eli Zabeth

Sar...ah

No...ni

su...san

Ama...nda

Ma...att

Caed...mon

Savan...nah

U...ma

A...pa

Ma...om

D....ad

Gramps

a...my

Cor...a

Beth

Ja..cob

Liz...Sass


After I finish one lap, I remember some one else I want to lift up in prayer. Down the pool I go for another prayer lap. Praying has been good for my health! Maybe it will help me lose this 20 pounds of grief weight!


5 comments:

abandonedsouls said...

a beautiful and loving thing to do.

Brittany said...

Oh, Erica...
This is so lovely. And, so sweet.

I'm impressed by your prayer practices, and the fact that I don't know how to swim!

Jessie said...

this pretty much sums up why i love you :)

Supa Dupa Fresh said...

WONDERFUL. Hey, if you're around... go to 'http://bit.ly/cSJIg5
for a chat... register first using FB or Twitter identity. If not, some other time!
X
Supa

Jill Schacter said...

I love what you do while you swim! I usually just count....1, while swimming first length, 2, while swimming second, etc. This is good. But what you do is awesome. Thanks for the idea! And thanks for following my blog. I will follow yours too.

Thank you.