Sunday, June 20, 2010

Life Sustainers Part 1


Let me tell you about my childhood friends.


My parents still live in the house I grew up in. The same is true for most of my childhood friends. We all grew up together. I'm still best friends with kids who were in my kindergarten class. Incredible friendships were made.

Alas, college and marriage took over. Interrupted. We drifted apart. We all became different people, found who we really were. Yet still the same.


Then tradegy. After HeeJun's accident, these ladies swept me up and carried me through those first days, months, a whole year. They called daily. Many visited. We all went to the beach for the year mark. It was like the distance and time between us never existed. They were there for me. They cried with me. Laughed with me. Told me my boobs looked fantastic. All the things great friends do.


I can not even describe what an overwhelming feeling it is to be loved by them.


To be continued: Part 2: College


No comments: