Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tattoo










HeeJun would be appalled. I got a tattoo. I have heard that getting a tattoo is something lots of grieving people do as a way to remember. I knew I wanted one right after the funeral, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't the grief talking. It wasn't.





I went Tuesday and told JB at Tattoo Bills my story. I brought a letter HeeJun wrote to me that had the words "Love never dies" written in it. He used HeeJun's handwriting. He designed it. It's the Christian symbol if the Fish with the letter Love Never Dies written in HeeJ's handwriting and his initials HJK underneath.


I love it. It didn't really hurt at all. It felt like a dog scratching me. I actually almost fell asleep and I promise I wasn't on any medication. That might be how my body copes with stress, though. During the whole process and anticipation before, I kept telling myself, "I have been through worse. Geez. I saw my husband laying in a casket. I can at least get a tattoo."
And I did!

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

i love it. it looks so good and it means so much. I almost texted you the other day to tell you how much i liked the font he used for the words but i thought it'd be a lame compliment. it's so cool to know it was Heejun's handwriting!

Mel said...

Good for you! I've been thinking about doing it, too. Very nice!