Thursday, September 11, 2008

Quotes that Comfort

I really missed HeeJun today. It was like a painful and crumbling feeling. Everything reminded me of him or made me want to call him. From seeing a road sign that was finally fixed, to visiting the DMV and hearing a funny joke.

When I lose it, the sobs are loud and like grunting. I kinda sound like a squeeling pig. I did not know this about myself. I have never cried like this before.

Some wonderful friends have sent me quotes and verses that have encouraged and comforted me;

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk though the fire, you will not be burned... For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." ~Isaiah 43:2-3

"I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt. Again you will take your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful." ~Jeremiah 31:3-4

"For I am the LORD, Your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isa. 41:13

"Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands. May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in Your word. I know, O Lord, that your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness you have afflicted me. May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant." Psa. 119:73-76

What we have once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us."Helen Keller"

Lord, I've been pierced to my very soul, and I really didn't know I could hurt this deeply. And so at this point, if I have to go through this, please don't let this pain be wasted in my life. Use it. Use me."

As I contemplate the deaths of my loved ones . . .As I contemplate our loss and the empty void in our hearts left by their absence . . .I am more grateful than ever that this life is not all there is!Praise God! You and I can look forward WITH HOPE because we have the blessed assurance of Heaven, My Father’s House!”Anne Graham Lotz

"Grieving like a Christian does not mean we do not grieve. It means we grieve without despair. We crawl into our Father's lap and lay our tear-stained cheeks on His shoulder, and trust that what He ordains is always right, will always work out well in the end, and that all our losses will one day be restored to us. It is running to Him and asking, "Tell me again the story of what You have done and what You will do to destroy this enemy." It is going to Him and asking for the strength and comfort we need to face the new reality of our temporary, mortal lives--a reality without someone we have grown to love, without someone we are used to having as a part of our lives and perhaps mistakenly assumed would always be there. It is knowing that although there is loss, all is not lost.

God does not tell us we will not have sorrows. He tells us that He will be our comfort in sorrow. He does not tell us we will not have tears. He tells us He will be there with us to wipe our tears away. He does not tell us there will not be times to mourn. He tells us that on the other side of that mourning is the promise of joy indescribable." From the Wittenberg Gate Website

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”Revelation 21:4

"God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” Matthew 5:4 NLT

"I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul."Psalm 31:7

I have had this prayer on my refrigerator since college;

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. i do not see the road ahead of me. i cannot know for certain where it will end. nor do i really know myself, and the fact that i think that i am following your will does not mean that i am actually doing so, but i believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. and i hope i have that desire in all that i am doing. i hope that i will never do anything apart from that desire. and i know that if i do this you will lead me by the right road though i may know nothing about it. therefore WILL I TRUST YOU ALWAYS THOUGH I MAY SEEM TO BE LOST AND IN THE SHADOW OF DEATH. I WILL NOT FEAR, FOR YOU ARE EVER WITH ME, AND YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE ME TO FACE MY PERILS ALONE"- Thomas Merton

No comments: