Friday, December 18, 2009

shut up and hug someone





This week I have felt so frustrated at people. Have we not learned anything from this? Have you already forgotten how fleeting life is? Have you already forgotten the pain and hurt? I want to scream at people complaining about their babies or their husbands! Complaining about having to shop for gifts. Complaining about kids being home for the holidays!!! I would give anything. Anything to be able to complain that my husband was hard to shop for, or that I had to clean the house for company, or that my kids were home for the holidays. Anything.


Sigh. I miss him.


On the other hand, I will most likely slap the next person who comes to me with a super happy smile saying how much they love Christmas. oh, the stupid malls and their stupid Christmas songs. Yes, I am in a better place than I was last year. Better, might be the wrong word. Last year I was barely floating along. This year I've got a little fight in me and everything tastes bitter and cynical.

So, no more complaining about trivial things and no more happiness. Here are things I will accept;

humor

friendship

hope
memories
a little dancing. Did you know they have a Just Dance Wii game?!!!










No comments: